Monday, December 28, 2009

The Tree is Down . . . :(

I thought it only fitting to conclude the 12 Blogs of Christmas with the end of Christmas at my house. We took down our tree and other decorations tonight. I love putting everything out, well except the lights on the tree I ;always recruit my loving husband to do that :) He is so good at it! Taking everything down is the worst and tonight was kinda sad. I have enjoyed everything so much this year it was sad to see it go. Not to mention that I now have a big empty spot in my living room!

Although the season may be over the Reason for the Season lives on all year. The Birth of Christ gave all the world hope and that hope does not end at Christmas. I encourage everyone to take the wonderful gift of CHRISTmas forward into the New Year and embrace it.

Tonight while I was taking my tree down I watched a Muppet Christmas Carol and this song reminded me of exactly how I felt. Christmas was over but shouldn’t we live everyday like Christmas?

 

I know that it is not always easy to be caring and loving and Christmassy everyday of the year; I struggle with it everyday.  But I am going to challenge myself to do it this year. If I get to  Philippians 4:13ing that should help a lot!

So with that in the immortal words of Clark W. Griswold

I did it. sound bite

 

 

I DID IT! The 12 Blogs of Christmas are over! Hallelujah!

Lets get ready for 2010 people!!!

No comments: