Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sausage Balls . . .well more like Sausage Lumps

Here it is the 2nd Blog of Christmas, and it is about another one of  my Holiday favorites- Sausage Balls! Now I know that Sausage Balls are not an exclusive holiday treat but I always associate them with Christmas.  I can always remember my Dad making Sausage Balls at Christmas. He would make huge batches and save them and I would even get to eat Sausage Balls for breakfast! Which I loved by the way being a non-traditional breakfast food eater.

So when my Mom called today to ask me if  I wanted some sausage I got to feeling all nostalgic and thought  lets make SAUSAGE BALLS! I picked up the sausage and got all the instructions from my parents and immediately ran home to make the goods.  Now I will have to say they were still as tasty as I remember and I WILL NOT reveal on here exactly how many I had but they were not as well formed as they could have been. They were not exactly spherical but more like disjointed lumps. My Dad did warn me this could happen if I did not use quite enough Bisquick, which it appears I did not. So that means I will sadly have to make more Sausage Balls :) PRACTICE makes PERFECT!! I am sure I can do better but they will never be quite as fabulous as my Dad’s.

Here is the recipe if any of you all want to give it a try:

Sausage Balls

1lb of Sausage

12oz of shredded cheddar cheese

2-3 cups of Bisquick

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until brown.

 

Enjoy!!!

No comments: