Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rogersville’s Christmas Tour of Homes

So on this cold day I embarked on my 1st ever Christmas Tour of homes and it was FABULOUS!! My Mom saw information regarding the the Christmas Tour of Homes in Rogersville and purchased tickets for me and her good friend Barbara. The tour was self guided and took us to 9 different places in Rogersville, here is a complete list

 

IMG_1063 

But before I launch into any tour details I must mention the Cafe Jubilee in Rogersville where we ate lunch. The restaurant is located inside an old house and they also have a gallery where they allow local artisans to sell there crafts. The food was AWESOME! I got a grilled chicken salad that had strawberries in it, YUM!! I also got a delicious piece of some kind of brownie pie for desert. If you are ever in the Rogersville area I definitely recommend giving it a try. I also found the coolest wind chimes in one of the rooms in the gallery. The “chime” part of the wind chimes were made of antique forks and spoons and the tops were other non-traditional items like tea pots and wooden clogs. I am not sure if my description is doing them justice they were just so unique and I absolutely fell in love with them. Unfortunately, I did not get one because I have no where at my house to put one.  Maybe one day!

Okay back to the TOUR . . .

Well, we saw so many wonderful and beautiful things on the tour. Not sure if my descriptions will do everything justice so here are some pictures . . .

 

IMG_0980Beautiful see through fireplace at the Baird Home.

 

IMG_0985Really cool chair/planter at the Kirkpatrick Home.

IMG_0987Awesome mantel decor and original built-ins at the Kirkpatrick home.

IMG_0992

The real reason for the season. The Nativity at Hasson Street Christian Church.

IMG_0995

The Hale Spring in had been totally renovated and was beautiful.

IMG_1003

Check out how high the bed is!

IMG_1008

It was so cold the fountain was frozen in down town Rogersville.

IMG_1016

Pink Christmas Tree with china decoration . . .too cute!!!

IMG_1012

Fireplace in the Bowman Home. The House had been completely renovated in the last 2 years.

IMG_1024

The Davis Home

IMG_1031

Beautiful center piece in the Davis Home. They had done a lot of cool decorating with fruit.

IMG_1032

Ebbing Flowing Springs United Methodist Church

  IMG_1037

IMG_1036Neat signs inside the Church

IMG_1040

IMG_1038

More inside the church pics

IMG_1044

The Amis House- it is 300 years old but beautifully renovated and restored.

These pictures represent a fraction of all the great stuff I saw. Touring all the homes really made me want to not only finish my own home renovations but also really deck my house for the holidays. Almost all the places we visited has such a “homey” feel, it was just incredible. I do a decent job of getting Christmasy here but I could do a little more and I think we would truly enjoy it. Some of the best things we saw were not even complicated just a bit of greenery and bows and they really made all the difference.

 

I had a great time with my Mom and Barbara and hope we do it again next year! It can be a new tradition.

IMG_0998

Until next time . . . .

IMG_1019

 

 

No comments: