Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Birthday Boy

I love a good birthday even it is not my own, but I especially like coming up with stuff to do for Nick’s Birthday. Yesterday he hit the big 2-8 and I tried to make sure he had a good celebration. Since Nick and his twin sister Nicole were “Christmas Babies” they often got over shadowed by actual Christmas celebrations, so I try to make sure he has his own dedicated day. This year there were gifts, cake, and a trip to Barter:

Gifts

IMG_1115Nick in his Birthday Suit 

 

IMG_1101

Windows 7 Secrets - Every good Programmer and Windows enthusiast need this. Did I mention that it is 1,000 pages.

I should note that these are only the gifts I got him, we will be eating with family tonight and I am sure he will be getting more wonderful presents.

 

CAKE

I am just going to be honest here and say that I LOVE THE CAKE, maybe even more than Nick. I actually planned the cake way back in November. I let him pick the flavor but I picked the shape. The cake is from Hannah Meade at The Cake Gallery. I have had several cakes by her and they were all FABULOUS and this one did not disappoint. I highly recommend her for all your cake needs. Nick picked strawberry cake with strawberry moistening syrup and white chocolate butter cream icing. As I type this I am having to restrain myself from going to the refrigerator to get another piece. IT IS SO GOOD!!!! The shape only a true Trekkie can appreciate

IMG_1104Star Trek Com Badge Cake

IMG_1105

The Happy Birthday Boy

Barter Theater

Nick took me to Barter for my Birthday and we both enjoyed it so much that I decided to try to do the same for him. This time we got to see WMKS Christmas 1942.  The show centered around the cast of WMKS’s radio show and featured live music and singing of many Christmas and Gospel favorites. I don’t want to give away too much of the plot since I definitely feel that everyone should see it. The show was FABULOUS! They sang Beautiful Star of Bethlehem and Go Tell It on The Mountain, 2 of my favorite Christmas songs that you do not hear too often. I am always so impressed with how professional the Barter shows are, this time the set was just amazing and they even had snow. Most importantly Nick enjoyed it and that is what really matters!

Thus, another Nick birthday comes to a close. Happy Birthday Sweetie! I love you!

 

 

Now just to stress everyone out:

2 Days till Christmas- Can you believe it? It got here so fast!

1 comment:

Meg O said...

Happy Birthday Nick- BTW my comp is a little slow so the captions to the pics load before the pics do- let me just say I was very pleased to see that Nicks "birthday suit" wasn't what I was intially thinking!