Monday, December 14, 2009

Chocolate Oreo Truffles- YUM!

Here is yet another Christmas treat coming at you with lots of yummy goodness. Are you ready . . . Chocolate Oreo Truffles!!

I make these little slices of heaven every year as a Christmas treat to take into work. They are always a hit and the bonus for me is that they are really easy to make!!!

Here is the recipe:

Chocolate Oreo Truffles

1 Bag of Oreo Cookies

1 8oz box of Cream Cheese

1 Packages of Chocolate Almond

Crush bag of Oreo Cookies in a food processor until finely blended. Place in large mixing bowl and combine with softened cream cheese until completed blended. Form into balls and place in freezer for 15 minutes. Melt Chocolate Almond Bark while the truffles freeze. Remove truffles from freezer and drop into melted chocolate one at a time. With a spoon make sure truffle is completely covered with chocolate. Remove from chocolate and place on wax paper to dry. Once truffle is dry, trim of excess chocolate with kitchen scissors.

*** Can substitute regular Oreos with mint or peanut butter flavored.

 

A few tips if you decide to make these:

  1. I do not own a food processor and use my handy dandy Pampered Chef Food Chopper to  take care of the Oreos. You can do 3 at a times and it gets them really finely chopped. On a side not if you do not already own a Pampered Chef chopper I highly recommend getting one. They are FABULOUS!!!
  2. I am always challenged when it comes to melting the Chocolate Almond bark. I did the microwave once and that worked okay. This year I did it in a good Rachael Ray Sauce Pan on the stove. Rachael Ray Cookware yet another FABULOUS product! Next year I may try to make my own double boiler and do it that way. Whatever way you choose just do not let the bark dry in the container you are doing it in. You have to re-melt the stuff to clean it out .
  3. Don’t worry about how many you eat calories don’t count at Christmas right?

**Special thanks to my Mom for sharing this fabulous recipe with me!**

Happy Chocolate Oreo Truffle making!!!

No comments: