Tuesday, December 22, 2009

There’s No Place Like Home

I am now coming to you live once again from the Noble House of Oaks and could not be happier!! PRAISE THE LORD our power was restored yesterday at around 3:00 PM. Thanks again to the Martin’s for taking us in, we would no have survived without you all! Unfortunately, my parents are still powerless and are now staying in a hotel in the area. Apparently the residents in my parents neighborhood were having a hard time getting the city and power company to understand the awfulness of the situation and had to take matters into there own hands. Check them out in this article http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9019203

Please pray that my parents get there electricity turned back on before Christmas I know they are not happy at the prospect of spending the Christmas Holiday at a hotel.

This leads me directly into the subject for today’s blog, no matter what there is truly No Place Like Home especially at the Holidays. When our power was out I keep thinking what if they do not get it on in time for Nick’s Birthday, which is today by the way- Happy Birthday Nick! (The Birthday blog is up for tomorrow). Also what if we had not had power back by Christmas! I know Nick and I have the tradition of opening presents here at our house on Christmas morning and I always looks forward to that time, and I am also planning on doing a small Christmas breakfast this year. Our Christmas Morning tradition is very important to me and I would not want to let it go. So it is truly great to be home so we can keep our tradition going.

No matter where home is for you I hope you get there for the Holidays! I know being there makes all the difference.

 

8 Blogs down and 4 to go. It is  going to be tight but I think I am going  to make my goal :)

No comments: