Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 6 – My Favorite Superhero and Why

My favorite Superhero you ask? Well, I think the meaning of Superhero here is kind of left open to interpretation so I am going to be putting my own unique spin on it.

Now normally when most people think Superhero I believe they think of those wonderful guys and gals that show up in Marvel Comics.  I am going to admit that this was my first thought as well. So if I was picking someone in that fashion it would be (drum roll please) . .  .

IRON MAN

image

Why Iron Man you ask? Well, I think he is “real.” He has a huge ego, is a bit of a smart aleck, and he saves the world in his spare time. Plus the movies really rock!!!

Now for my real favorite superhero. Once again, please remember that was chosen by my own interpretation of superhero. The winner is . . . .

April’s Real Favorite Superhero

HURLEY from LOST

image 

Now I know you are sitting there going- Say What? Let me explain.

Okay, first off Hurley was able to see and speak to dead people on the Island, which to me is a legitimate Superhero power. Furthermore, Hurley performed several heroic acts while on the Island. Remember that time he ran the VW bus right though the Others before Jin got shot, that was pretty heroic in my book. Also he ultimately got left in charge of the Island, pretty big job!

Now I know some of you are still not convinced. You are thinking she is having LOST withdrawals and has lost her mind. That might be the case, but let me tell you the final and ultimate reason Hurley is a superhero to me. He never really saw himself as a leader or a hero. He wanted to take care of people and diffuse conflict where he could. That to me is the mark of a true superhero someone who can look out for others and check their own ego. Quite the opposite of Iron Man!

So Here’s to Hugo Hurley Reyes! I just wish there were more real superheroes like him out there.

PS- For all you Losties there is actually a LOST Encyclopedia out now. YAY! I know what is going on my Christmas list.

No comments: