Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1- A Recent Pic & 15 Interesting Facts

IMG_343815. My 1st job ever was in high school teaching swimming lessons during the summer. Aww the memories of chlorine filled days, having kids literally jump on top of you from the diving board, and the crying.

14. I was in Show Choir in High School back before it was cool. I was in an all girls choir, The Pizazzy Ladies! We rocked!!! PL does not exist anymore and it is very sad.

13. I pass out at sight of blood or even an in depth conversation about blood or blood/medical related situations. I have done this since I was about 5 years old.

12. I  found out the place I was working at at the time was closing on the same day that I got engage. Needless to say the excitement about the engagement far overshadowed worries about losing my job at the time.

11. I was held back a year in kindergarten due to my age, my birthday was very close to the start date. My husband skipped a grade when he moved here from California. If I had not been held back and he had not skipped a grade we both would have graduated from high school the same year. It would have been different high schools, but I always thought that was cool to think about.

10. I changed my major about 3 times while I was in college before I finally landed on Business with a concentration in Human Resources.

9. Nick and I have been married for 3 years and still have a disagreement about when our first date occurred. He says in December 2003 when he took me to see Return of the King. That did occur but I was not sure it was a date at the time since we did not go out again till May 15,2004 to see Troy. I count the date to see Troy as our first date we both knew we were interested in each other then and there was a mutual understanding that it was a date.

8. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at  VBS at Higher Ground Baptist Church on June 29, 1995. I thank the Lord everyday for my salvation because with out it I would truly have nothing.

7. I am a planner almost to a fault. I sometimes have a hard time adjusting when plans do not go exactly my way, but I am working on that.

6. My Myers-Briggs personality type is ESFJ. To learn more check out this web-site.

5. When I get really nervous and out of my comfort zone I try to laugh and make others laugh to distract myself.

4. I NEVER bottle up my feelings. If I am upset, angry, sad, or happy I let people know. I can not hide my feelings and I always share. 

3. I have been blessed with a wonderful family both by birth and marriage and I am very thankful for each and every one of them.

2. Marriage has made me put on a few more pounds than I would have liked. So I am currently doing Weight Watchers to try to lose some of my wedding weight. It is so hard! I love food and it is hard to stay away from certain things but I know it is for my own good health.

1. The Lord has blessed me with so much in my life and I give him all the Praise and Glory!

No comments: