Wednesday, August 31, 2011

33- Change is on the Way

IMG_4518

So I guess we can all take one look at this picture and know that a big CHANGE is coming! A good change! I think it really hit me this week how quickly it is actually approaching. I actually woke up at 4am a couple of nights ago and could not go to sleep due to everything running through my head.  The birth, the coming home, the stuff that is still to be done . . .you name it I was thinking about it. I would also like to take this time to stay that I have not officially band myself from reading birth stories on the internet! Just not a good idea!  All that being said I am not sure if we are at all ready for Eli’s arrival (is possible to be really ready?). BUT I do know we are very excited to meet him! My Mom and Dad framed one of my 3d Ultrasound pics for me, which I placed in the living room and I find myself constantly looking at him. I might be slightly worried about you coming out Eli but I can not wait too hold you!

In other news I had a good Doctor’s appt this week. The doctor said I was looking good and Eli is measuring right on track! Very good news! And according to the Doctor my belly is truly all baby!

Now time for the normal update . . .

Week 33

Size: Honeydew baby! (Finally we changed from the Squash). 17.2 to 18.7 inches long and weighing in at 4.2 to 5.8 lbs.

Physical Features & Development: Eli may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

Baby Movement: Still tons of Eli movement! Almost like he has happy feet like his Mom! I know at our last Ultrasound Eli was breech and I know he has moved around since then but I am not sure he is yet in the good head down position. The funniest part of all his movements is my now noticeable shifting belly. I have had several people now be able to spot where the baby Eli is positioned based on the shape of the belly. Nick was particularly fascinated by this! Not all movements are sweet and fun I had a rather painful shift during lunch today almost like he was sliding his elbow around and digging it in at the same time!

What I Miss: Sleeping WITHOUT a body pillow. I truly hate having all that extra stuff in the bed!

Cravings: I have a good one this week . . .BANANAS! I talked to my Dr. about my truly horrible foot and leg cramps at my appointment. He said it was either a lack of calcium of potassium. He recommend several things to make sure I get more in my diet and the one for potassium was bananas. So I went and bought a bunch of bananas and put one in my little cooler/lunch box to take to work. So that afternoon when I took my banana out it was good and cold AND the best thing I had eaten all day. I cracked my friend at work up because I was so excited about my yummy cold banana. So now I am all about my banana a day, and I have been trying to find other banana things to eat. My parents are coming over for labor day and we are having . . .you guessed it . . .Banana Pudding Smile I can not wait!

Overall feelings: Feeling good and very blessed! I do have some leg/foot cramps, stretching belly pain, itchy belly, back pain, etc. But so far it is all very manageable!

Upcoming Events: I have a work Baby Shower  next week that I am excited about!

 

1 comment:

Becky said...

DON'T READ THE STORIES ON THE WEB!!! lol! Seriously though, please don't. Those people out there are dramatic, and it just gets in your head. I had to make myself stop reading around week 20 bc I almost had a panic attack, lol!
Labor is hard, no doubt. But you're a mama, and in the end you can and WILL do what you have to do. And you will be ready, I promise. Once it hits, the readiness does too.
You look fabulous--hang in there!