Saturday, August 13, 2011

Can’t Believe we have 10 weeks to Go!- 30

10 weeks! 10 weeks! I am not sure if I should run around in a panic or just sit here in shock. Luckily, we have made some really good progress on little Eli’s room. Nick completed all the wall painting and touch up last weekend and then we put the CRIB up!IMG_1999

Whoo hoo! After we got the crib up I went on a bit of an ordering spree trying to get the other things that we would need. I ordered the changing table/dressed we had picked out and it is set to arrive next week. Sadly, it has to be assembled and it looks rather complicated. I also ordered some letters to spell out Elijah on the wall in his room. I also picked up some curtains to go in his room. We do not have a rod to put them on yet but I hope to remedy that this weekend. So things are coming together and I hope to be posting a completed Eli’s Room blog very soon!

Now on to the update . . . .

WEEK 30

Size:  Still a Squash Baby! 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighing in at 2.5 to 3.8 lbs.

Physical Features & Development: Eli’s brain just keeps getting more wrinkled, which is a good thing. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. He is also adding some brawn – his grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

Baby Movement:  Ohh the Eli movement this week has been something else. As I explained to Nick it is not so much little pokes and flutters any more, but more like complete body shifts. I have felt a few kicks up in my rib area now. I also noticed I get movement down low and up high at the same time, almost like he is moving his hands and feet simultaneously. Eli is probably at his most active after 9pm, and last night we had some friends over and from 9-10 they actually got to watch my belly do weird things with all the Eli movement.

 What I Miss: IBUPROPHEN! I know I have posted this before, but I seriously have missed this. I actually told Nick that once Eli is out I want one whether I need it OR not!

Cravings: I have tried so hard to be a good little eater this week and I believe have been successful for the most part. I did kind of have a powerful need for peanut butter cookies and I fought it pretty much all week. Then we decided to have some friends over last night and they seemed the perfect excuse to make some since other people could eat them too Smile 

Overall feelings: I truly feel good and hate complain about anything. I continue to have some pretty icky back pain, but I know that is something I will just have to deal with until this is over. One thing I learned this week is that I can not longer turn over at night like a normal person. I went to pull myself over one night this week and got this terrible pain that started from my back and ran all the way around to my belly. Apparently without those oh so important ab muscles you can’t just pull yourself over anymore. Who knew! So I am definitely more aware of the way I move and maneuver myself. I sleep okay at night but wake up very sore. I have been sleeping with a body pillow which helps some, but have been considering buying one of those Snoogle pillows. I think it might make me a little more comfortable.

Upcoming Events: Monday, August 15th we get to see our Eli! We have an ultrasound to measure growth! Prayers for a healthy baby!

And last but not least the 30 week pic . . . .

IMG_4407

Most people have commented that there is a huge difference between this week and last and well I would have to agree. We definitely have a baby on board!

No comments: