Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fabulous 14

So 1st and foremost I want to apologize for being a day late getting the baby blog update out there. I know you have just been on pins and needles-haha! Now that being said I have a good excuse I had a shopping/pedicure night with my Mom! I know have beautiful toes and some new duds! What more can a girl ask for?! And yes once I can not reach my toes I might just have to get one those ohh so wonderful pedi’s on a regular basis.

So enough of my babble on to the main event . . .

FABULOUS WEEK 14

Hooray we have made it to the 2nd trimester!!!

Size: The little acorn is LEMON sized this week. 3.4 in length and weighing in at 1.5oz

Physical Features:  Our little one is busy with thumb sucking and toe wiggling this week.  BUT wait Baby Oaks was doing that last week. We have proof! I guess that means our kid is just advanced Winking smileOur little Acorn is developing its liver, kidney, and spleen this week.  Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over baby’s body for warmth.

What I Miss:  Like I have said previously it is hard to complain about missing anything knowing what you are going to gain at the end of 9 months. However, I must admit I do still long for a good allergy pill, but this to shall pass.

Aversions:  I now have an aversion! Whoo hoo! I have for the past year drank a 1/2 a pack of Wild Strawberry Crystal Light in my 1st bottle of water for the day. This week that suddenly became very unappetizing.

Cravings: I am still subject to the power of suggestion. This week I did seem very focused on wanting lemon things particularly to drink. I wanted lemon in my water and started drinking lemonade crystal light packs.

Overall feelings: I have felt overall a little off this week. I contribute this to a bad combination of acid reflux ad indigestion. Needless to say Tums have become my new best friend. I have also been fighting headaches on and off all week which I mostly attribute to sinus and allergy pressure. Everything is still very manageable and I continue to feel BLESSED!

Appointments & Coming Events:  Not to much to report here baby related since my next appointment is not till May 11th. On a non-baby front it is Easter Weekend! Up from the grave he arose . . .

Now for the bump . . .

Week 14 (1)

Still not sure if there is much to see here . . .kinda looks like something, maybe? Once again I promise that Baby Oaks is in there!

WE LOVE YOU LITTLE ACORN!

No comments: