Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby Oaks On the Way & Week 12 Update

It is with much excitement that I announce to my wonderful blog friends that Nick and I are expecting! Coming October 19th (edd) there will be another Oaks amongst us! For most (maybe all) this will be old news, but I felt it was officially time to out myself on the blog so I could begin documenting the whole experience.

We found out on February 13th that Oakswas expanding to Oaksand we could not have been more excited and well perhaps a bit nervous. I took 4 tests! Yes, that is right, I said 4! Just a tad bit of advice on the whole pregnancy testing experience; I highly recommend the EPT digital. It gives you a clear “Pregnant” or “Not pregnant”, very clear and very decisive! None of that guess work with the lines! They may cost a little more, but they are totally worth it in my opinion.

 We caught this pregnancy at 4 weeks, yes I know REALLY EARLY! I had been feeling just a bit off and just felt like we should take a test. Looking back now it is still hard to explain exactly how I felt upon getting all those wonderful positive results. It was kind of a mixture of scared, anxious, excited, and joyous all at once! So then began the exciting process of sharing our great news with all our family, friends, and loved ones. Initially the plan was to keep the new pretty tight for a little while. We were going to tell family and a few friends. Given my reputation as “The Informer” I felt I would probably be the first one to break the plan, but my wonderful husband and Daddy to be was so excited that he actually announced our big news in a meeting at work. Bless his heart! He was too excited and happy for me to be upset with him. So needless to say news traveled fast to everyone! I took it live on Facebook at week 10 and now I bring to you my blog friends Week 12 . . .

Our Acorn at Week 12

Size: Baby Oaks is “Plum” sized and is measuring at 2.1 inches and weighing in at .49 oz.

Physical Features:  Our little Acorn is forming hair follicles along with finger nail and toe nail beds. Overall our baby has very distinct human characteristics at this point. Also almost all systems have developed and we will now move into the growth and maturity stage.

What I Miss: Wow . . . it is honestly hard to complain about missing anything given how blessed I feel.  BUT I if I had to name something it would be Allegra! Springing is springing and so is my allergies. In order to keep Baby Oaks healthy there are only certain meds I can take and I miss some of my old faithful’s during these pollen filled times.

Aversions:  I can not think of anything I truly have an aversion to at this point. I bought some Apple Juice over the weekend and the last 2 nights it has given me heart burn. So Apple Juice may be off the list for a little while.

Cravings: ummmm . . .FOOD! Yes, I have definitely noticed an increase in my appetite.  I have been trying to eat healthy snacks and fruit but I can not say that this effort has always been successful. Yes, Baby had to have Mom’s fried chicken one night. I feel no guilt about that, it was AWESOME!  Hopefully, I can keep some good eating habits and keep my weight gain to a minimum but I have a feeling this will be easier said than done.

Overall feelings:    I feel great! I have been truly blessed not to experience any morning or all day sickness. I have had a few moments that I felt nauseous, but I blame that on a cold I had a few weeks ago and the drainage on my stomach. I have had some indigestion, bloating, and heart burn and have had days where I felt like a huge gas bubble. I also get very hot at night, and have done this since the beginning. I have a nightly routine- wake up sweating, get up, visit the rest room, get a drink, get a wet wash cloth to put on head, and finally return to bed and sleep only under the sheet. If this is the worst of it I feel truly lucky as I know many other ladies who have experienced so much worse.

Appointments & Coming Events: We have actually already had 2 appointments and 2 ultra sounds and are looking forward to another appointment and ultra sound next week! I am really excited about this Ultra Sound, I think we will really be able to see a lot. Our other 2 were nice and very exciting but there was not a lot to see since Baby was so small.

Now the moment you have all been waiting for the “bump” picture . . .

IMG_3926

I promise that there is a baby in there!

Nick and I truly feel that God has given us a wonderful gift and a blessing. We ask that you all keep all 3 of us in your prayers as we move along this new and exciting journey!

I plan to do a blog similar to this one each week to mark our progress and keep everyone updated. I hope everyone will find it enjoyable. I do also plan on doing my normal house/food/ random blogs to keep some variety. So check back often to hear about Baby Oaks and much more!

PS- Special thanks to another beautiful Momma to-Be, Becky for letting me model my baby blogs after hers! Thanks Becky!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Congrats April (and Nick)! We knew REALLY early with Elizabeth too as I could already tell something was up with my body. My mom says I'm too intune with my body. LOL I am excited for you two; you'll be great parents!

April said...

Thank you Leslie! We are very excited! I was honestly shocked to find out so early, but like you I am also intune with body. LOL! I think it is a good thing most of the time!

Becky said...

Yay for the baby blog!!! And of course yay for the baby! Love your cute little bump... you'll be amazed at how quickly it grows! :)
Looking forward to reading about your progress!