Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cobbler ♥ ♥

It’s summer and that means longer days, grilling out, fresh produce, and COBBLER! I ♥  Cobbler! I ♥  it particularly during the summer when you can get fresh berries and fruits. That said I never turn it down any other time made with frozen or canned berries and fruit. Over the last month or so Nick and I have been attempting to eat a little better in an effort to lose a little weight. So cobblers have been explicitly banned from being made; however, I broke that rule yesterday.

Thursday during a moment of weakness I decided watch Paula Deen on the Food Network, never a good idea if you are trying to diet. Amongst other tasty and fattening things Paula was making a Peach and Blueberry Cobbler and it looked FABULOUS! So I decided to break the Cobbler ban and try the Peach and Blueberry combination.

I did not make Paula Deen’s exact cobbler recipe since it required a dutch oven AND I have a full proof cobbler recipe of my own given to me by . . .you guessed it . . .my Mom.  Our cobbler recipe is very easy and allows you to substitute any kind of fruit and berry you want. I  have used this recipe many times in a pinch if I need to take something somewhere or we have someone coming over. So without further ado here it is . . . .

 

CRAZY CRUST COBBLER

1 stick butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. self-rising flour
1/2 c. milk
1 to 2 cups of milk
Melt butter in oblong pane (about 8X12X2). Make batter of sugar, flour, and milk. Place fruit in pan on top of butter. Pour batter over fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until brown.
**Note: You may use any kind of fruit.

 

By the way, one of my favorite fruit combinations on this cobbler is blueberry and pineapple. I know it may sound a little crazy but trust me it is FABULOUS!

Here are some pics of my Blueberry and Peach Cobbler, I got it a little too juicy but it was still really good.

IMG_0396

IMG_0400 

May the rest of your summer be filled with yummy cobblers! As for us it is back on the good eating train, but it sure was nice while it lasted!

Happy Baking!!

2 comments:

Meg O said...

You have a blog award

Meg O said...

sorry... forgot to paste this
http://usafwife06.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-award.html