Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Fun!!!

Well, Nick and I have had a wonderful 4th of July Weekend and there is more to come this evening! The main event for us on the 4th was a big cookout at our friend Rock’s house followed by watching the Jonesborough  Fireworks.

The cookout was FABULOUS and we had so much FUN! First off we got to see our good friends Clint and Sara, who we literally have not seen in probably a year and a half. Clint & Sara were part of our core group of friend’s when we were in the College & Career Sunday School class at Cherry Grove Baptist. Most of our friends from that class have scattered to other places and we do not get to see each other as often as we would like. SO that is why it was such a huge treat to get to see them, and seriously we have got to figure out a way to get together more often! Also a big Congratulations to Clint and Sara to there 2nd bundle of joy coming in December!  So happy for you all!

Now one thing that I got to do at Rock’s house that I literally have not done in years was play in the POOL and we had a BLAST! The highlight of the pool was the slightly rickety slide that the brave crazy guys took turns going down. Nicole and I wisely just floated around and watched all the madness.

On a side note this was one of the first outings for my new Land’s End tankini, and it went really well. A few good friends of mine had recommended Land’s End to me for bathing suits so I ordered one. I was a little apprehensive when I first got it, I thought it looked a bit icky. But after wearing in the water, I am very happy with it. If you need a new swim suit I highly recommend them, it is well worth the price!

Now back to the cookout action!

IMG_2198 If you swim in Rock’s pool you gotta follow the rules!

IMG_2234

Nicole and I just floating!

IMG_2216

John sliding head first! I would like to report that no one was injured but John did say, “It was better than any amusement park ride.”

IMG_2220

Rock hitting the water

IMG_2225

John the dare devil going again . . .IMG_2226

He made it out alive!

IMG_2231

Finally, the epic John slide picture! Yes, this is live action people!

IMG_2224

Nick went down to, we just failed to capture the moment!IMG_2222

Jacob our trusty lifeguard checking out the slide conditions.

Good food + good friends+ pool time+ rickety slide+ fireworks= A GOOD TIME! And we certainly had one!

Now on to our next engagement, a cookout at my parents tonight. Let the eating continue! Check the blog tomorrow for pics and a full rundown!

I would be remiss if I let Independence Day get by without honoring those that have fought and are fighting now so we can enjoy all our freedoms. My sister-in law, Megan posted a note on Facebook about how Freedom isn’t Free! I totally agree with this. Many have paid with there lives and their time so that we can enjoy our Freedom.  Thank you to all that have! From our house to yours Happy Independence Day!

No comments: