Sunday, October 2, 2011

Elijah’s Room

Drum Roll Please . . . .the nursery blog has finally landed! I know I have been promising it FOREVER and I can only hope it will be worth the wait for everyone. Smile

I would like to start out by saying that this room would not look as good as it does now if it were not for some wonderful gifts that we received from friends and family. We have received so many wonderful gifts and are so very grateful for everyone and everything!

So without further ado . . . .

ELIJAH’s ROOM

IMG_5260

This is a close up of the bedding and theme we selected for the room. When I began looking at bedding waaay back when I first found out I was pregnant I decided that if we had a boy that Nick should really get to pick the theme. So I would take him through the baby department at stores and ask “What do you think of this?” He actually picked this one out at Babies R’ Us and never changed his mind. I would show him other things and he would always go back to this one. I honestly thought it was a little to brown at first, however I think it turned out to be a great choice. I love it! And since it is so brown/neutral heavy it is very easy to match.

IMG_5268

Crib, bedding, name letters, diaper stacker, mobile, and car seat (yes, we need to get that car seat installed)

IMG_5266

I ordered the letters for his name from a seller/designer on Etsy. Once again it was Nick’s idea to hang them on a bamboo poles so we would not have to drill so many holes. He actually searched the web for the poles and purchased them at Pier 1 Imports. The wall color in Eli’s room is one of my favorites, Christopher Robbin’s Swing, a Disney color you can get at home depot. We actually have this color in our Master Bathroom and decided it would look great in the nursery and compliment the bedding well.

IMG_5263

Inside the crib- And before anyone says anything I know that we will need breathable bumpers!  However, until we need them I am leaving up the pretty ones. We also plan to hang the quilt from our set on the wall since it is really to heavy for baby to use.

IMG_5269

Brown curtains from Target and matching valance from bed set. Also in this picture is the giant Sock Monkey my Dad got for Eli.

IMG_5271

Changing Table/Dresser area- The changing table was a purchase I did a ton of research on. Originally I thought I was just going to put a changing pad on a dresser. Then I found this dresser on amazon.com that had a changing table top that could be removed when Eli got older, so it would just function as a dresser. We spent a little more on it than I would have liked but I think we will be able to use it for a long time.

IMG_5274

I love the cubical organizer! I actually put this on my registry and my parents purchased it and the little bins for us. It has already been super helpful for storage and I know it will be functional for Eli for a long time. 

IMG_5265

Last but not least . . .finished closet doors on the double closet! Nick worked so hard getting them done and I am so thankful!

So that is our little Eli’s room and of course it is not completely finished.  I opted not to buy a glider or chair right now. I am going to be borrowing a a recliner/rocker from my parents to put in there until I can figure out what I really want. I also have some really cute jungle related wall decals to put up that some one gave me as a a gift.  Although everything is not completely done I am so happy with it and can not wait to have our little man in there!

1 comment:

Becky said...

LOVE the cubbies, and am totally stealing that idea! The nursery looks amazing. Take a moment ASAP to go in there and sit by yourself, and enjoy the these moments with Eli... time goes by so quickly, and if you can take a moment to have peace, you'll be so much better off. :)