Thursday, October 13, 2011

What Can I Really Say . . .Week 39

What can I really say we have reached week 39 and still have an inside baby. I actually debated on whether to even write this blog since I do not really have a whole lot to report and I did elect NOT to take a picture. For those of you who feel cheated without a picture just take a look at last weeks I look pretty well the same. If I make it to week 40 then I will give you another picture then.

I am officially off work now and have been working my way through the Pre-Eli Arrival checklist. Today I cleaned out the refrigerator, pantry, and the canned food cabinet. Let me just tell you the can food should have been cleaned out about 2 years ago! See I told you this was going to be an exciting blog. I will have to say that I originally planned on working all the way up to the birth , but I am now thankful that I made the decision to go ahead and take some time now.

Speaking of decision that is problem the #1 life lesson I have learned during this pregnancy. People have a lot of varying opinions on everything regarding pregnancy, birth, and child rearing and most have not been hesitate to share them with us (whether solicited or not). As a professed people pleaser it has often been difficult for me to disregard the opinions of others and do truly what is best for me and my growing family. BUT I have finally reached a point where I know that the only way I can be happy is to pray and ask God to guide my decisions. I can not make others happy I can only make me happy! Okay, so that is probably enough of my random pregnant lady confession.

Now for the weekly update:

Week 39

Size Still a WATERMELON this week! Otherwise known as a PERSON! 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighing in at 6.2 to 9.0 pounds.

Physical Features & Development:Eli’s brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.

Baby Movement: Still plenty of baby movement happening and there is really nothing comfortable about it at this point. It is still sweet, but I have been trying to tell Eli that there is whole lot more room to move around on the outside Smile

What I Miss: I honestly am just tired of being pregnant! Enough said . . .

Cravings: Still wanting some Menchie’s fro-yo, I do not think I actually got any when I wanted it last time. I have also been wanting some wood-fired pizza. Don’t ask me why it has to be wood-fired, it is just what I want. (I blame this on TV commercials).

Overall feelings: Right now I honestly feel at peace, I do feel a little anxious at times. I just hope I can keep this peaceful feeling when it is “Go Time.”

Upcoming Events: Well, next week is our official due date, October 19th. If Eli has not appeared by then we have a Dr.’s appt. Prayers requested from all!

No comments: