Friday, September 30, 2011

Full Term! YAY!- 37

Here we are at week 37 and that means Eli can be considered full term! It is kind of reassuring to know that if he were to come right now that he would be okay. In another note of celebration I hit the age that I will remain forever this week . . . .29! That’s right people from here forward I will continue to have birthdays because I do love them, but my age will remain constant Smile I had a most excellent birthday with dinner at Jason’s Deli with my parents, and lots of wonderful gifts and well wishes from my family and friends. Nick actually took my to see the Lion King in 3D and yes I did sing out loud and no I was not he only person in the theater that did. Can not wait to show Eli the Lion King one day, it is one of my favorites! Looking forward to celebrating Eli’s Birthday soon!

I did have a Doctor’s appointment this week, as I will every week until Elijah Nicholas makes his appearance. Doctor said everything looked pretty good. My belly was measuring about 2 cm’s behind where they would like me to be so we are having an ultrasound next week for growth. The Doctor told me that I am just a smaller person and he feels like the baby is just packed up in there, but we would do the ultrasound just to take a look. I think if our Doctor had been really concerned we would have had an ultrasound that day so I am not really concerned. We are of course thrilled to get to see our little guy! In person would be better but we will take another ultrasound peek! Please pray that all is well with Eli and I!

You all will be glad to know that I have made progress toward “packing the bag.” If he were to come right now I feel fairly confident that we at least have the most important things packed and that is a good feeling!

Well, here is the BUMP pic . . ..

IMG_4545

It may be a few centimeters behind but I honestly feel it is plenty big enough.

Now the update . . . .

Week 37

Size: We are officially a WATERMELON this week! 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighing in at 6.2 to 9.0 pounds.

Physical Features & Development: Our full-term baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day.  He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

Baby Movement: Ohh the joys of the ever shifting belly! At night Nick can sit and just watch my stomach move and shift. He asked me the other night “Can you feel all of that?” And the answer is “Yes, I can!” The last few days it has literally been a party at Eli’s place! I have noted one thing that he does seem to have a favorite spot. Most of the time he will settle on the right side and wreck havoc on my ribs and hip. Okay, I should not say wreck havoc but it does do a good break dance in there!

What I Miss: Hard to say at the moment. Over all I just want to be somewhat “normal” again. Or at least some new version of normal.

Cravings: Well, my normal birthday dinner is Olive Garden, but this year I had a craving for something lighter and involving humus. So we went to Jason’s Deli and man did it hit the spot. it may not be fancy but it was awesome! At the moment I could go for some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Overall feelings: I still have a little back and hip pain at times. I found the best way to avoid this is just not to do a whole lot, and if I do then sit down for a while. I am also starting to battle those fall allergies which is no fun. I just keep telling myself not to much longer! Mentally and emotionally I feeling pretty good right now just really anxious to hold my little boy!

Upcoming Events: Tuesday is our growth ultrasound and appointment. Please keep praying for us!

No comments: