Thursday, October 6, 2011

Waiting at Week 38

IMG_4550

Well, here we are at week 38! Still Eli on board! I am not even really sure what to say about the belly at this point except there is a person in there! We did confirm at our ultrasound this week that Eli weighs 6lbs and 8oz , which is about a week behind normal but still within range. The doctor actually said that since I am a smaller person it is better for me that he is smaller. AND I must say I whole hardly agree. At this point though I have yet to make any progress toward him coming out. I actually told Nick this morning that maybe I actually have a Trill in there (You have to watch Star Trek to understand this reference). I know that he will come out when he is ready but in the immortal words of Tom Petty . . .The Waiting is The Hardest Part!  We do officially have the bag packed and in the car so I feel ready to roll whenever. Now we just need a reason to ROLL!

I would like to take this moment to thank everyone for all there support, thoughts, prayers, and gifts during our pregnancy. The kindness, generosity, and support we have seen has been truly a blessing from above and we are forever grateful for everything!

So without further ado the week 38 update . . .

Week 38

Size Still a WATERMELON this week! 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighing in at 6.2 to 9.0 pounds.

Physical Features & Development: The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Eli's head is about the same circumference as his abdomen, and his head could be covered in an inch or so of hair. Can not wait to see if he actually has any hair!

Baby Movement: Still feeling plenty of baby shifts and rolls. They are uncomfortable at times as he is all jammed up in there. Nick actually tries to listen to him and says he can here him splashing around in there, which I think is cute! He still hangs out over on the right side which gives my belly a good slopped look most of the time.

What I Miss: Oh the things I could list here- Eating without feeling guilty, allergy pills, being able to wear all the clothes in my closet, being able to shop for new clothes, sleeping in any position I want, and I am going to stop there before I get overly whiney. I know everyone is going to say it will all be worth it AND you are right. However, I feel I am allowed to have a whiney mom to-be moment every now and then right?!

Cravings: I had a hankering for pumpkin muffins, it is the season after all! So I made some of the weight watchers ones that involve a can of pumpkin, a cake mix, and water. So easy yet so tasty! Thanks to a good friend at work I discovered Honeycrisp apples and they are AWESOME! Literally, best apple ever! So I have been enjoying those. I have also been watching a lot of Man vs. Food, which shockingly does not actually make me crave or want anything. I think mostly due to the fact to the insanely gross amounts of food the host, Adam, eats. At the moment I have had Cracker Barrel French Toast on the brain. I have been trying to fight the feeling and eat good for me stuff, but I am not sure I can hold this one off.

Overall feelings: Anxious, nervous, excited, impatient, whiney, and BLESSED! I still have some physical ails, but I know they are all manageable now as we are in the FINAL count down!

Upcoming Events:Hopefully and Prayerfully the coming of Eli! I also have another Dr’s appt next week. Keep praying for us!

We love you Eli and can not wait to see you!

No comments: