Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time for an Exit Plan- 36

4 weeks to go! (If we have an on due date baby). It is hard to believe that we are literally in the final weeks, time has flown by so fast. Now I feel like I have so much time but so little at the same time! It’s time to be ready for Eli’s big exit and then his arrival home. We did make some good strides with that this week. Nick got up one of the final decorating touches in his room. (I promise I will do a nursery blog). I washed a bunch of his newborn clothes and sheets. Eli’s official take home outfit came this week and it has been washed and packed in his bag. I bought some stuff to start packing my bag, but just can not seem to get that done. I keep putting it off and I know we are going to get caught with nothing packed. Luckily, we are never far from a Wal-Mart Smile so if I end up going in with nothing I am sure we can buy some stuff.

I had my 1st of the “weekly” Dr’s appointments this week, everything is on track and looking good. They did spring some surprise blood work on me, still not sure why they needed that blood. I have given so much blood during this whole thing that I kind of wonder what they are doing with all of it. Nick was not with my and I kind of panicked and tried to past out. I did not actually go out but I fought it really hard. I was kind of shocked that I had this issue given that I got an IV at the hospital a couple of weeks ago with no trouble. Just goes to show that this problem is truly all in my head.

So with out further ado the bump pic . . . .

IMG_4543

There is is the 36 weeks bump or “watermelon.” All I have to say is being pregnant is officially no longer cute!

Week 36

Size:  Still Honeydew baby (despite the fact I feel like I am carrying a watermelon). 17.2 to 18.7 inches long and weighing in at 4.2 to 5.8 lbs.

Physical Features & Development: Eli’s skin is getting smooth and soft, his gums are rigid, his liver and kidneys are in working order, and his circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Eli’s lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day he gets a little closer to breathing on his own.

Baby Movement: The pokes and jabs continue this week and at times are pretty painful. For some reason Eli likes to try to do an aggressive tap dance when I am driving or try to stand on my poor right hip. You can almost always see him move from the outside now. Last night while eating dinner I kind of leaned my plat against my belly and he actually moved around and moved the plate. Nick claims he is trying to get out. Who knows maybe his is in there plotting his on exit plan.

What I Miss:  As soon as Eli is on this side I have already told Nick I want an ibuprophen and an Allegra whether I need one or not!

Cravings: I have not done so good on the eating front in the last week. I have had the munchies a bit and I have not always made the best choices. I am going to try to do better this week those.  At the moment Peanut Butter seems to be big on the list. We have Homecoming at church on Sunday and I am actually making peanut butter pie.

Overall feelings: I really do feel pretty good. I do have to take it a little easier these days. Most of the time I will do a little something around the house and then sit down for a while. I also have kind of a tender belly, from all the stretching I suppose. At first I thought it was just “itchy” but really it just kind of hurts sometimes to the point that I do not want my shirt to touch it. My hip and back still hurt a little bit and sleeping is not a lot of fun. BUT  hey I do not have to much longer so I can do this!

Upcoming Events: Well, I have another appointment next Tuesday, prayers that everything is still going well!

We Love you Eli and can not wait to see you!

No comments: