Sunday, August 29, 2010

Just a Little Photography Practice

So it has been a while since we have had an update on my progress toward becoming a decent photographer. I regret to say that I have not made as much progress as I would have liked, but I do feel I have a somewhat better grasp on all my camera’s buttons. This has been extremely HELPFUL!

This weekend Nick and I decided to do some practice shoots at Steel Creek Park in Bristol, TN. I had not been there in years and was excited about all of the wonderful possibilities for some creative images. However, my forgetfulness somewhat ruined the outing. A few weeks ago Nick bought me a 16GB high speed SD card for my camera. I had used it to take some picture of my cats and accidently left it in the SD slot in the laptop. So I arrived at Steek Creek memory cardless :(  My sweet and wonderful hubby surrendered his 1GB card so I could get a little practice in, just one of the many reasons that I love him! 

So thanks to Nick here are a few of my images from Steel Creek Park. I am entitling Saturday with Geese.

IMG_2860 They had plenty of geese at Steel Creek Park

IMG_2863

I have been practicing a lot with moving the focus point on my camera. On this one I focused on the goose walking in the background.

IMG_2874 Another goose . . .

IMG_2881 That same goose . . .just another perspective

IMG_2884

There were things other than geese.

IMG_2894

I may have over exposed this a little but I kinda like it.

IMG_2901

A tunnel

IMG_2904

My model for  the day heading for the tunnel

IMG_2907

We found the “Light at the End of the Tunnel.”

IMG_2916 

Bridge

IMG_2893

Time for some more geese . . .

IMG_2896 

IMG_2910

A goose foot and tail.

IMG_2914

And the final goose!

 

With 25 days till our Italy Trip (WHOO HOO) I am not sure if I can get much more practice in, but I feel fairly confident in my capabilities. One thing Nick and I have discussed is not focusing to much on getting a perfect picture but just to enjoy ourselves and make sure to take in EVERYTHING whether we end up with a picture of it our not. That being said I am sure we will have plenty of pics to show good, bad or other wise!

There are a couple of things I would like to practice  going forward. One of those is “people photography.” I have mentioned my intention to do that on a previous blog post and received 1 volunteer. Thanks Nicole! I am still looking for others! I can make no promises on the quality of the photos but they would be FREE and I would give you all the images. Please let me know if you might be interested. If nothing else I can assure you it would be a fun experience! :)

I would also like to take an Adobe Photoshop class so I can do some post processing. If anyone out there knows of any classes or good resources I would welcome your input and suggestions!

I shall leave you now with one final picture and no it IS NOT a GOOSE!

 

IMG_2850 A truly wild animal . . .my kitty, Kris!

No comments: