Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project Geranium & Happy Mother’s Day

IMG_0308

Well, this week I began a new venture which I hope will be immensely successful- PROJECT GERANIUM. Now over the past couple of summers I have nurtured many plants to there death.  A fern, a pot of cat nip, some touch me nots, and I even killed my indoor palm tree. Now mostly I feel these plants did not make it due to a lack of watering . . .OOPS! Although I am not a natural at plant care, I do like plants and have become determined to keep one ALIVE!!! Thus, on the advice of my mother I have a purchased a geranium to care for this summer. She tells me they are a very hearty plant, which should be PERFECT for me.  As you can see from the picture above the plant is still very much alive and actually blooming. Confession I did just purchase it from Lowe’s on Wednesday! I would like to report that I am keeping the plant out front where it should get good sun and I have already watered it twice. I know we are early yet in the process,however; I am hopeful that this one will make through the summer. I will writing about Project Geranium as it progresses so check back here often! Who knows if this goes well we could progress to a Geranium and a Marigold next summer, but lets not get ahead of ourselves!

 

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY

I did want to take a moment to wish my Mom a very big Happy Mother’s Day! Thanks so much for all you do for me! I appreciate all you do for me from shopping with me over the phone and at stores to playing Dr. Mom! You are THE BEST!!!!

Wishing all my other Momma friends out there a Happy Mother’s Day! Hope you had a good one!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty geranium.

Anonymous said...

Your mom is right, geraniums are an easy plant--you can do it!
Some other easy ones: marigolds (as you know!), and begonias. Very hearty!
Good luck with the geranium! I love plants!!!