Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOST- A few thoughts before the Finale

Well, the time has finally come, we are less than 24 hours away from the big series finale of Lost. I thought I would share a few thoughts before the Finale.

***Please note that this blog post is not intended to contain spoilers. I am going to talk about some of my favorite moments from Lost. So if you have never seen Lost before or if you have not seen every season or every episode AND you want to then you might consider this blog post to have spoilers!  You have been warned!****

As I have mentioned in a previous post I have been with Lost for every episode of this amazing 6 year run. I am extremely excited about tomorrow nights finale, but I am also a little sad.  I am going to miss a lot of these characters. Thus, it is time for a little reminiscing . . .

Favorite Characters

It is really tough for me to just pick one as it is impossible not to become vested in all the characters in some way, but there are a few I am always rooting for:

SAWYER- Who can truly resist Sawyer?! Looks aside he gets some of the best one liners on the show, and I absolutely love all the nick names! He can call me Freckles any day! I also like all the many different sides to his character his a tough guy/ con man but I think there is a actually a big softy hiding just beneath the surface.

HURLEY-  I just wanna hug Hurley, seriously I do! He has been in some of my favorite moments in the show. The unlikely hero that always comes through.

ROSE & BERNARD- My favorite love story on the show ( I think)! Just love them!

DESMOND- Where to even begin with Desmond,  his character and story line is so complicated. I always know when it is Desmond night something good and weird is going to happen, and I LOVE IT!!

Okay, I actually have a funny story to share about Desmond that is non-Lost related. A few years ago at the church we were attending at the time we watched a few exerts from the video The Gospel of John. None other that Desmond or Henry Ian Cusick as he is known to the acting world, played Jesus. Don’t believe me, check this out . . .

Naturally,  when  Desmond popped up on Sunday morning I almost lost it! Brings new meaning to “See ya in another life Brotha . .”

 

Favorite Moments

I have to many favorite moments to list from funny ones, sad ones, to OMG I can not believe that just happened. Here are a few of my favs:

As the Hatch Blows up John utters these words

You think John!?

Here is another great one where we learn that Bernard is not Rambo!

 

Sad but VERY Memorable one here . . .Not Penny’s Boat!

 

Another classic when Hurley beats up Sawyer . . .

 

How could we ever leave out The Constant

 

This is a long one but one of my favs! My favorite quote is a few minutes in on this clip, “Lets look death in the face and say whatever man!”

 

I am going to stop there because this truly could go on forever! Lost has so many wonderful moments!

I also wanted to share with all you devoted crazy  Losties a great place to get Lost paraphaellia. You know we are going to need some kind of t-shirt when this all over right?! Well, I found some really cool ones at CafePress. They have all things Lost here, it is truly great! I will personally be ordering the one that has all the nicknames that Sawyer used for people!

Thanks for indulging me in this little walk down Lost memory lane, and feel free to join me. I would love to hear from you about your favorite moment/scene/quote/character! Us Losties have got to stick together because after tomorrow night all we have left is each other and a bunch of DVD’s.

Lets get ready for the FINALE! I know it is going to be AWESOME!

PS- If it all turns out to be a dream I am coming through the TV, SERIOUSLY!!!!!

 

 

Whatever happened, happened . . .- Daniel Faraday

2 comments:

Meg O said...

A- I have no idea where to begin w/ my fav character... I willsay I keep going back to Hurley. Besides the obvious reasons, he reminds me of my brother for so many more. Im always hoping he wont be the next to die or be killed or become "evil". Favorite all time villian... Linus... you never know whether to love or hate him. Want to see him suffer or empathize with him. Fav good turn evil character... Claire, shes PSYCHO! On the flip, Fav evil turn good... Juliet. Also on that note, they are two of my 3 fav love stories: Also Rose & Bernard, Juliet & Sawyer and Claire and Charlie. Saddest Lost moment- Charlies death... almost made me not want to watch anymore & Im always hoping he'll come back and in true LOST fashion, had just been "sleeping". I think by far my fav lost episode is from this season w/ Jacob and the dark thing... before it became John. When they are sitting on the beach. The dark thing (in human form) gives Jacob a "warning" and J replies, "you know where to find me".... dum dum dum!!!!!! This is the next series Chris and I plan to invest in... too good not to have it!

April said...

Megan- I love that you brought up favorite Villain! Ben, I seriously never know what to do with him. Good/Evil, some mix of the two!? Not sure, but I think we may know before the end :) Mikhali (the guy with the eye patch) was one of my favorite villains, he just would not die!!! Loved Sawyer and Juliet and it was horrible when she died. I am hoping she comes by back in some Lostian fashion! Thanks for your awesome comment!!!!