Sunday, May 16, 2010

Guess who got a “Newer” Altima?

That’s right, I am sure you have guessed it . . .We did!!!

IMG_0312

Now I just want to say I did not put out this blog post about our “new to us car” to brag, but just because I am so EXCITED!

The Nissan Altima and I have grown up together, this is actually my 3rd one and they just keep getting better. My previous car had begun to develop a few issues mostly due to its age and the number of miles I had put on it. So Nick and  I had been talking for several months about purchasing a newer car and after weeks of talking about it and searching on Auto Trader we finally found a great deal and decided to GO FOR IT! We drove to Gastonia, NC Saturday morning and after a few negations we left our old faithful but rough looking white Altima with them and drove away in this one. . .

IMG_1444

Our new vehicle is a 2007 Nissan Altima and it only had 17,000 miles on it. I have never owned a car that was that low milage. It is FABULOUS!! The other thing I love about this car is the color it is called Pebble Beach Metallic or Taupey Beige (that is how I describe it). My last two Altima’s were white and while they were beautiful cars when they were clean but lets face it mine were rarely clean. Thus, it always looked like I drove dirty white cars. So this time I declared that I had to have a “Dirt Colored” car and I got one! Hopefully, it will look clean whether it is or not!

I do have to confess that I am now feeling a tiny bit sentimental about my old, white, scratched, beat up Altima being gone. I had bought that car a few weeks before Nick and I started dating in 2004 and ironically we got rid of it on our 6 Year Dating or Being together anniversary. That’s right Nick and I have been together since May 15th, 2004 and have had many great memories in that Old White Altima. That car took us to Myrtle Beach and back. It was with us on the long drive to Fort Lauderdale and back for our last cruise. It was even the car we drove off in when we got married.

Wedding Pics 086

There were also some bad memories in this car. The one that immediately comes to mind is the time when it was slick and I was driving a little too fast and did a terrifying 180 on Interstate 26. NOT FUN!!! Praise the Lord that no one was hurt and there was very little damage to the car. All in all, a lot of good times in that car. We may no longer have it but we will always have the memories.

Now it is time to make some new ones in our new and improved 2007 Altima. It may only have 17,000 miles on it now, but I am sure it will have ohhh so many more on it by the time we are ready for another new one.

For now I am focused on keeping it clean and in good condition, better condition than the last one! Naturally, it already has its first bird poop on the hood and yes we do have a gross picture of it . . .

IMG_1445

That’s one stain even a dirt colored car could not hide!!! Despite this small stain, the new car is FABULOUS and we are praying for many safe and fun times with it!

No comments: