Thursday, May 26, 2011

Neat it’s 19!!!

Week 19 (1)

Well, blog friends we have reached week 19 one week till the half way point! It is really going by waaay to fast! As you can see from the picture above Baby Oaks is still making his/her baby appearance. YAY! Such a blessing! Now for the weekly update:

Week 19

Size:  Aww we have MANGO baby! 6.0 inches long and weighing 8.5 oz

Physical Features & Development: Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells  now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Sounds icky, yet important!)

Baby Movement: Big news here- I have felt PLENTY of  Acorn movement this week. It is just kind of little flutters and pokes every now and then. At first I could only feel if I was laying down but now I can feel if I am sitting or standing still Not going to to lie at first it kind of scared me, but now I find it really exciting and sit in anticipation for the next little move. Dear husband is also very anxious to feel the movement from the outside, but Baby Oaks is not quite moving that strongly yet. I am sure it is coming soon though! Love feeling the movements!

What I Miss:  Watching the weight on the scale go down! I just keep telling myself it is all for the BABY!

Cravings: This week the appetite has been up quite a bit, got a growing baby to feed! This week I did have a strong need for pizza due to a conversation with a friend and I also had to buy a watermelon after having some fruit out of a watermelon bowl at a baby shower on Saturday. I have also been a bit fan of berries this week- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc. I guess that is at least a healthy food need.

Overall feelings: Still feeling great! Another wonderful blessing! I continue to have heartburn and indigestion, and those wonderful pregnancy hormones are in full swing. BUT nothing I can not deal with!

Appointments & Coming Events: Well, we are still counting down till our big appointment on June 8th! I actually got a reminder card in the mail that I have a conflicting dentist appointment on that day. Needless, to say I will be rescheduling the dentist appointment! Can not wait to see Baby Oaks!

No comments: