Monday, January 10, 2011

Ephesians 4: 31-32

So once again my blog has been neglected for no particular reason. I actually have several great ideas for posts but just need a a little more time to put them together. So be sure to check back, I promise there is some great stuff to come! Smile

Tonight I would like to share with you a couple of verses that have been on my heart and mind the last couple of weeks.  Our Sunday School class has been working through a quarterly on Sunday Mornings from Life Words. On January  2nd our lesson focused on a Lifestyle of Community. The lesson talked about the Christian community and fostering relationships within your church. There were 2 verses in this lesson that really struck me, Ephesians 4:31-32

31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I feel that these 2 verses are applicable not only to the Christian Community but any and all communities. I have read these verses over and over the last couple of weeks and prayed that God would help me put away any anger I have toward anyone, and help me to simply and blindly forgive. Be that said I know that many times that is easier said than done. How wonderful would life be if we all could go forth with a tender heart and forgive one another when we fall short, because we all do fall short. What really struck me while reading was Verse 32, . . .even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. Who am I to sit in judgment of others and hold anger in my heart when all my sins have been forgiven. I know I may not go through everyday and live by the instructions from these verses, but with God’s help and with prayer I can strive to be the best person possible. And that is exactly what I want to be. How do I know I can do this, Philippians 4:13 of course!

I honestly am not sure if any of this made sense to any of you but I thank you for letting me share these verses. I ask that you pray for me as I continue to ask God to help me live Ephesians 4:31-32. I know it will not always be easy but I know I can always try!

Disclaimer: This blog was not written toward any person that I may have been holding a grudge against or was angry with. The verses were simply something I had on my heart and wanted to share. Please do not take offense! (Don’t you just love a blog with a disclaimer!)

3 comments:

Meg O said...

Amen Sister! I will agree in prayer with you. <3

Becky said...

If all Christians could live the actual Word, rather than the parts they pick and choose, I believe Christianity would have a much better reputation among the world (if that makes sense!). What I'm trying to say is, I agree with you--very powerful verses! :)

April said...

Becky I know exactly what you are saying! Christian's are our own worst enemies sometimes. We need to practice what we preach! I am guilty of this as well but all I can do is try to do better!