Friday, January 21, 2011

BOWLING

Well, last Friday we went bowling for the first time in years with some great friends of ours, Emily & Jordan. Despite bowling an 8 in our first game, yes I did say 8, We had a great time! (I am a terrible bowler and I can admit and accept it). Bowling reminded me a of a few of my favorite TV shows and movies from days gone by . . .I know you are thinking can she write one blog WITHOUT a TV reference?! The answer to that is YES, however this blog has to have one Smile

Picture this:

In the year 2000, a New York City lawyer gets divorced and moves back to his home town of Stuckeyville, OH where he buys a bowling.

Remind you of anything? Come on you know you remember. It’s the TV Series Ed that was tragically cancelled in 2004.

image

I loved Ed! I watched it from the very first episode all the way to the end. I loved everything about the show from Phil’s constant hair brain schemes to Ed’s endless pursuit of being a good person and ultimately winning Carol.  Now for those of you that are not familiar with the show one of he key parts of it was the bowling alley that Ed owned, Stuckey Bowl.

image

 

Everything happened at the bowling alley! Actual bowling of course, Ed’s law practice, parties, and eventually Ed & Carol’s wedding. By the way, I would like to take this time to mention to powers at be that Ed is not on DVD or Blu-ray to be purchased! The world needs this, people are hurting out here and forgetting Ed. Bring Ed back on DVD!!!!

Back to my regular scheduled blog . . .

A big thanks to our friend’s Jordan and Emily for bowling with us, had a FABULOUS time and can not wait to go again. We may never be hard core like that lady that had the towel and rubbed her ball down or that guy who practiced his stance every time before he rolled, but we sure had a lot fun. Maybe if I do the ball rub thing I will bowl better next time? Probably not!

Here are a few pics of our bowling fun:

image

The scoreboard during my stellar “8” game.

image

Sexy Bowling Shoes

image

Nick has bowling form!

image image

Great friends!

Next time we go to Stuckey Bowl!!!!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I enjoy bowling the occasional game, but oddly enough, it just wears me out, lol! And I always break nails... just a random tidbit of information!

April said...

Becky- I actually broke a nail bowling! It must be a frequent injury of the sport, lol!