Thursday, March 4, 2010

Site of the Week- StillTasty

I cordially introduce to you . . . StillTasty. Ever found something in the back of the fridge or your cabinet and thought, “Hmmm wonder if that is still good?” Before you make some kind of educated guess or resort to a sniff test dial up StillTasty. The web- site StillTasty has food categorize by type for you to look up the shelf life or you can actually use the search feature and type in anything!

The site also features some other great information on food storage, thawing tips, and reading expiration dates.

Once again I can not take full credit for finding this wonderful site. My Mom actually e-mailed me a link to it several months ago, but I had lost it. Then lo and behold StillTasty was featured in the March Issue of Real Simple Magazine. So a big thanks to Mom and Real Simple!

So I encourage you to no longer wonder if your Peanut Butter is rancid, give StillTasty a shot!

Disclaimer—I am sure StillTasty is not 100% full proof. So if you use the site and still have doubts, I say throw it out. Better safe than sorry!

Till next time Safe & Happy Eating!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm loving this new blog of the week theme! I have a friend who's doing a picture of the week... I need to do something of the week... hm....

April said...

Thanks Becky! I thought by having to do something every week it might keep the blog a little fresher and keep me motivated!