Sunday, March 7, 2010

Satisfying My Sweet Tooth

So who doesn’t love something sweet to eat? Well, I know I am always up for a sweet tasty treat. As I have stated on my blog before I am not the worlds greatest chef by any means, however, I do have a bit of flair for desserts. Although they are not kind to my waist line, I have a hard time resisting. This Saturday I got a craving for something chocolaty. I did not know exactly what I wanted but I knew where to turn . . .Paula Deen. I knew that Paula would provide something tasty, fattening, easy to make, and especially chocolaty! Paula did not disappoint me, in the cook book The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cooking, I found the perfect recipe. Here it is . . . .

 

Old- Fashioned Fudge Pie by Paula Deen

2 squares (2 ounces) semisweet chocolate

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs beaten

One 9 inch unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove the pan from heat and add the sugar, then the eggs; beat well. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.

A few pics of the finished product

IMG_1324

IMG_1325

 

The pie is absolutely FABULOUS! I have had it both warm and cold and both were good, but I would recommend warm. I also put a little bit of cool whip with it and that really hit the spot! If this is any indication of how good it is- I made this pie Saturday afternoon and at this very moment we have one tiny piece left.

 

The next time you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, give this one a try. It is easy to make and just delicious!

A big thanks to Paula Deen for helping me meet my chocolaty needs!

Now time to do some extra Zumba to work all this goodness off! Oh well, all choices come with consequences!

 

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

John David Shanks said...

I am always craving something sweet... I think I put on weight just reading that recipe. Great!

Meg O said...

Lol I hear ya John David! Just started a new workout and this would not be recommended by Miss Jillian Micheals... but I will try it :)