Saturday, July 23, 2011

WHOA it is the 3rd Trimester!–27 Weeks

WOW . . .So we have reached the 3rd trimester. This is going by WAAY to fast! AND this also my first officially REALLY late blog and for that I apologize. But hey I am still writing it so that should count for something.

Lets start this one out right with a bump pic . . .

Week 27 (4)

Here we are! Looking pretty good I think. I do ask Nick every week if my face look face (not that he or anyone else would ever say YES). Also I am proud to report that my belly button is still an “Innie” a massive crater of an “Innie” but still an “Innie.”

Well, I am sure most of you are wondering how the dreaded 3 hour glucose test went that I ranted and whined on about last week. I guess I can describe it in on word . . .BAD! Now in order to complete test you have to fast over night, which means I woke up very hungry. I should also say that I have a lot more trouble with giving blood and fainting when I have fasted. So I arrived at the Lab at 6:45am feeling a little nervous but just ready to have it over with. We got in the little room with some reclining chairs and a TV, I explained to the lab tech that I have to lay down to have blood drawn, and she drew the blood to get a baseline. I was feeling pretty good, thinking I made it through the first one. SO I start flipping through the TV channels, and then it all went very badly. I told Nick I was going to pass out and he should get someone, and then well I passed out. Nick could give a complete description of the passing out, which sounds almost like a seizure, but we will skip through all those details and just say . . . . I passed out, got taken to the ER, threw up, and finally got released to go home. Eli was fine they took his heart beat and it was 154- Praise the Lord! I on the other hand had a glucose of 75 and my blood pressure was really low, which the low bp is not unusual for a passing out scene. While at the ER I got some food (which stayed down) and the ER doctor declared that there would not be anymore glucose test. So after what was a fairly traumatic couple of hours we went home and rested for the rest of the day.

So now where do we go from here? Well, I have yet to her from my Doctor about the test or next steps. Nick and I have both decided that we will not go back for the 3 hour glucose again to much stress and scary passing out. They can either figure something else out or just assume I have gestational diabetes and I will do the diet and monitoring. AND yes we are prepared to argue strongly with my Doctor. So I will keep you posted.

Now the weekly update . . .

WEEK 27

Size:  Still and Eggplant baby! 13.6 in to 14.8 in, weighing 1.5 to 2.2 lbs. (This is the same as last week)

Physical Features & Development: Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means Eli’s now able to practice inhaling and exhaling.

Baby Movement:  The coolest thing on the baby movement front is all the movement at night. Nick usually comes to bad after me at night and he then feels Eli moving around while I sleep. I don’t feel any of these, but apparently he is having a party in there.

What I Miss: This is kind of weird but the last couple of weeks I have had a hard time enjoy pregnancy because I have been to worried about all this glucose testing, etc.  I am ready to let the stress go and get back to enjoyment and fun. We love our Eli and can not wait to meet him!

Cravings: Apple Dew’s! You may never have heard of these but they are kind of like an apple filled pastry. My Mom has made them before and they are super yummy! I now have the recipe and I am ready to make some of my own.

Appointments & Coming Events: Well, we still have the Doctor’s appt and ultrasound coming up on August 15th. AND I also have my first Baby Shower coming up on August 2oth! Can not wait!!!

No comments: