Friday, July 29, 2011

Cool but Cranky at 28

So the weeks continue to just fly on by it is hard to believe we are 2 weeks away from the 30 week mark! AHHH! Now given how quickly baby Eli is approaching we are making preparations for his room. Given that I can not help paint all of this prep has been left to poor Nick, and he has been working hard. We (I mean Nick) have installed a new ceiling fan (not the easiest one he has ever put in), painted baseboard, repaired the wall, and now he is all ready to paint the walls. So excited! I on the other hand have been bust online shopping for room décor. I have been looking at curtains, wooden letters to spell out Eli’s name, and various other things. All of which are VERY important and VERY cute! I do think things are moving in a very good direction in our nursery Smile Now I am not sure if this is the nesting kicking in or not, but I am also kinda worried about getting things cleaned, straightened and organized in the rest of the house. For example, I actually scrubbed baseboards over the weekend. This I am sad and somewhat ashamed to say might have been there 1st thorough cleaning since we painted and installed them (we have replaced most of the base in our house). Go ahead and judge my house cleaning! This weekend I am hoping to go through and organize our kitchen and clean the cabinets and then tackle re-organizing the linen closet. Lofty goals I know, but I am trying to seize the nesting moment.

Now on to the bump picture . . .Please overlook my hair it was kind of weird looking this week

IMG_4402

Week 28

Size:  Still an Eggplant baby- not sure when this changes but I think this has been 3 weeks in a row now! 13.6 in to 14.8 in, weighing 1.5 to 2.2 lbs.

Physical Features & Development: Some very reassuring news in this section-  Eli's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now,he has a good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). His skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.

Baby Movement:  I have been thinking of changing this category, but I love feeling him move and talking about it. I hope my blog friends do not get bored with it. Eli has still been very active and I have actual seen a few ripples and nudges from the outside now. Eli did have kind of a sleepy day last Saturday not a whole lot of noticeable movement, which was a little concerning. I was actually poking him and shaking waking him up. (That did work by the way).  However, it seems that was a just a down day he was right back to the normal swimming on Sunday.

What I Miss:  A moment with out back pain and being able to workout like a normal person. I know it seems weird to say I miss working out but it honestly kind of hard to face not being able to do something you have always done. Sadly, I think I attended my last pre-Eli Zumba class this week. I went this week and did what I call “Pregnant Lady Zumba” which involved a lot of marching in place, and the next day I literally hurt all over. So I think I will be on the treadmill only till Eli makes his glorious debut.

Cravings: Over the weekend I literally say a pic of some Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream in a magazine and decided that I had to have some. I did manage to get some ice cream and it was just not as tasty as it looked in the picture.

Overall feelings: I guess you could say CRANKY, especially today! I have been suffering a few physical problems this week that have me a little down. I also have been having quite a bit of back pain, which I know is to be expected, but still makes it no less comfortable to deal with. I also have apparently officially hit the point of “having trouble sleeping.” Poor Nick and my work family has had to deal with a whiney pregnant lady. I know that I am extremely blessed and I need to focus more on the positive. If I lean on my faith God will see me through this small painful patches.

Appointments & Coming Events: Plenty of exciting stuff coming up as always. My dear sis in-law Nicole and I will be taking a road trip next Sunday to attend a baby shower for a good friend who is due 2 weeks before me. Very excited about that! We also have our appointment on 8/15 where we get an Ultrasound to measure the little man’s growth.

Too muc to be excited and thankful for to be CRANKY!

We Love you Elijah Nicholas!

1 comment:

Becky said...

You're doing so great, April! You look fantastic, and HUGE props to you for making it this far with Zumba! I transitioned to only walking on the treadmill around 16 weeks!
The next few weeks will be the longest, I assure you. But hang in there, and before you know it you'll be holding little Eli in your arms! :)