Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here’s to the Green Shirt

Back when Nick and I first started dating we took a little shopping trip to American Eagle in the Johnson City Mall.  I must have had a coupon otherwise I am not sure how I ever convinced Nick to go. On this glorious shopping trip Nick purchased the infamous GREEN SHIRT. The shirt was meant to look vintage I think, and it says “Shark Bar” on the front. Since purchasing this shirt Nick has worn it constantly for the last 5 years and I have proof . . .

 

100_0068Here is the green shirt at the family picnic in 2005.

 

100_0100 

The green shirt at the Ripley’s Aquarium in 2005.

 

100_0060

The green shirt hiking in 2005.

 

100_0381

The green shirt at the Family Picnic in 2006.

 

100_0118

And yes the green shirt was even there in California when we got ENGAGED!

100_2707

Also on our honeymoon snuba diving adventure in St. Maarten in 2007.

100_3315

The green shirt even made it to Myrtle Beach in 2008.

 

Now it is important to note here that after 2008 the shirt was actually banned from being worn in public due to its condition.

IMG_1292 There is no longer any fabric on the arm pits and what is there has the lovely sweat stained look.

 

IMG_1293 The logo actually does look vintage now.

When we went on our Cruise in November of last year we actually took the shirt with the intention of throwing it over board ceremoniously, however, we learned of all these pesky rules that the cruise line had about things being thrown over board. So the shirt is still with us and is still being worn for work around the house purposes only. I used to give Nick a hard time about the shirt and I have actually threatened to “off it” on several occasions, but I have decided to embrace the great GREEN SHIRT!! It has been with us to a lot of places and I may actually have family members that think the Green Shirt is the only one that Nick owns since he wore it to the family picnic 2 years in a row. The shirt is here to stay!

Now I know that Nick has worn the green shirt more than what I have pictured above. So if you have pictures PLEASE share them, we need to make sure we have a comprehensive history.

So here is to the Green Shirt or perhaps one day the Green Dust Rag!

4 comments:

Meg O said...

Loved this! Im searching our pics now to see if we have any w/ the green shirt!

April said...

Please let me know if you find any Megan! There has to be more, he used to wear it CONSTANTLY!!!

Leslie said...

I think you should get some material to patch the holes in the armpits. LOL Wade has had his share of old t-shirts that it was hard for him to give up. He had a t-shirt for 20 years that I finally made him throw away. Yes, he got it when he was around 17 and was still wearing it when he was 37. Of course the man has a blue-million t-shirts so it wasn't in too bad of shape. ;)

Meg O said...

I was very surprised to not find any pics.... I thought for sure I had at least one?!