Thursday, June 18, 2009

Picking out Paint

When Nick and I got married we bought a foreclosure that needed some work. Luckily, Nick is pretty handy and I like picking out new stuff :) (I paint some as well). Thus, we have been able to do most of the work ourselves. We are currently finishing up a master bathroom project and I am prepping for our Master Bedroom by picking everything out so we will be ready to go.

So for about about 3 weeks now I have been trying to pick a paint for our master bedroom, and I must confess that anytime I go to pick a paint color it is challenging. HOWEVER this one has been the biggest challenge yet. I was wanting a beige/taupe/brownish color . . .little did I know that there were SO MANY options on that. Luckily, Glidden (our paint of choice which can be purchased at Home Depot) now has one of the most FABULOUS home decorating/renovating things I have ever seen, tiny bottles of paint sample. They are only about $3.00 and come with a brush! For those of us who are incapable of making a decision and like choices, choices, choices this is FABULOUS!

Despite the fabulous new sample bottles, I have yet to be able to pick out a color. I have tried three samples (see photo below) and have not liked any of them. I have mad some really BAD choices so far:
  • Whispering Wheat- looked a bit flesh tone
  • Soft Suede- a nice color just to dark for us
  • Warm Carmel (had high hopes for this one)- looked like clay mud
  • Mixing Whispering Wheat and Soft Suede- just bad
So I guess it is back to Home Depot to get some more little sample bottles and give it another go. I am confident that I will find the perfect color! And then it will be on to picking out floor :)

No comments: