Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guess who sleep in the Master Bedroom this weekend?

Drum roll please . . .we moved into our MASTER BEDROOM this weekend. Yes, that is right people almost 3 years later we are finally using our entire house. It is truly a wonderful FEELING! As I explained in my post about finishing the Master Bathroom, we put the bedroom on hold until the bath got done. Full disclosure: Our bedroom is not completely finished. We still need to paint and put up closet doors (one of my least favorite chores). But it was at a point where we could move in so we did.

When we first bought our home the Master Bedroom was one of the major selling points for me. It has 2 count them 2 walk in closets and also a linen closest for the attached bath. Being a confessed clothing addicted having my own walk in closet is a dream come true. Sadly, I did not have full use of it for a long time and had to use the closet in Nick’s office. In truth when we first moved into our house the primary residents of our Master Bedroom were our 2 cats. They had there own kitty play land in there and were quite upset when we made them move to start the actual remodel.

The worst part of this particular project was having to live with all the junk that had been in the room. I had to take junk from 3 closets and store them in our dinning room. I felt like I was living in an episode of Clean House! It was horrible!  Don’t believe me take a look for yourself

IMG_1272  Now this picture does not even capture what was on the kitchen table. We literally had a strategic path for walking through the junk. However, on the bright side being forced to live with your junk did force me to really look at what we absolutely needed and GET RID OF STUFF! So I was able to go through this pile and donate a lot of stuff to an organization that was having a charitable yard sale.

I would like to think my dearly beloved Nick for all his hard work on this room. He ripped out carpet, laid a laminate floor, painted, hung lights, etc. He truly put a lot of work into creating a beautiful space. I am so luck to have a husband that is so handy! Thank you sweetie! The room is beautiful!

 

Now for you to see for yourself here are the BEFORE & AFTERS!

 

Master Bedroom BEFORE

100_2390Icky stained carpet!

 

100_2389 

Vertical Blinds Over French Door

100_2391

Closets with gray trim

 

Master Bedroom AFTER

IMG_1321

New lighting

IMG_1319

New laminate floors

IMG_1385

Window Treatments over French Door

IMG_1386

New Bedding! I love it!

IMG_1387

Another view

The room is truly FABULOUS! Nick and I lived crammed in a spare room forever and we were truly shocked to have so much space! We just feel BLESSED! All our furniture is finally where it is suppose to be and we are using our entire house. It is just an exciting time all around!

Now to get the closet doors painted. A home owners work is never done!

3 comments:

Nicole Martin said...

YAY! I love it! Congrats guys, your hard work has paid off!

Meg O said...

So excited for you guys! It's been a long time coming! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! It looks amazing! I bet you're so happy!